2023 | APPLY
APPLY TO PARTICIPATE IN NYC JEWELRY WEEK 2023
NYC Jewelry Week is hosting its 6th annual city-wide festival from November 13-19, 2023, and we invite the jewelry community to participate. Our focus is on promoting and celebrating the world of jewelry through educational and innovative programming, and we welcome proposals from artists, designers, curators, and retailers for exhibitions, pop-up events, conversations, and retail activations. This year’s events will be both in-person and virtual.
We are seeking proposals that are innovative and revelatory, jewelry that is beautifully crafted and meaningful, programs that are full of storytelling and shape the industry. We take jewelry culture seriously and are looking for events that define the past, present, and future of jewelry.
Please note that NYC Jewelry Week is a consumer-facing event and programs should be developed with a broader audience in mind.
THE OUTLINE FOR PROGRAM AND/OR EVENT PROPOSALS
WHO CAN SUBMIT ?
Brands · Community Groups · Collectives · Galleries · Dealers · Individual Designers, Artists, and Makers · Institutions · Retailers · Students · Suppliers
DO YOU HAVE TO BE FROM NYC TO SUBMIT ?
No, it is not necessary to be from New York City to submit. Anyone from anywhere in the world can submit.
WHAT KIND OF PROGRAMS AND EVENTS CAN BE SUBMITTED?
Exhibitions · Launches · Interviews · Interactive Activities and Performances · Studio Tours and Visits · Shopping and Retail · Talks, Panels, Lectures · Writing and Storytelling
WHAT FORMAT OF PROGRAMS AND EVENTS ARE ACCEPTED FOR SUBMISSION?
We accept programs and events in both in-person and virtual formats. We also welcome proposals for programs and events that creatively combine both in-person and virtual components. However, please note that all in-person programs and events must occur within New York, NY during the official NYCJW23 dates of November 13-19, 2023.
WHAT IS THE ALLOWED LENGTH FOR PROGRAMS AND EVENTS THAT CAN BE SUBMITTED?
Programs or events can be of three types:
- A single program or event, such as a one-time presentation or talk.
- A multi-component program or event that occurs over a single day, such as a recurring performance.
- A multi-day program or event that occurs over multiple days, such as an exhibition.
Check out the Application FAQs for a comprehensive list of programs sorted by topic. The Application FAQs also include more general information about the overall application process.
WHAT IS THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT?
June 30, 2023.
MARKETING & PROMOTION
NYC Jewelry Week 2022 Stats:
Accepted programs and events receive guaranteed visibility and promotional
support through our built-in NYC Jewelry Week audience.
Other benefits include:
- Dedicated IG Story for your program on @nycjewelryweek (50k+ followers) during the NYCJW23 promotional season (September through December)
- NYC Jewelry Week-managed listings and RSVP collection for events
- Program and/or event mention in our NYC Jewelry Week Newsletter (10k+ subscribers) during our promotional season (September through December)
NYC Jewelry Week works in partnership with its PR agency to market and promote NYCJW23 to a global audience.
Before submitting your application, it’s important to read the entire APPLICATION FAQs. This is because the FAQs contain crucial information and a preview of the questions that will be on the application form. Additionally, the FAQs provide details about the written material and files that you need to prepare beforehand.
It’s important to keep in mind that your application to the Open Call won’t be evaluated until you have paid a $50 USD Application Fee. To finish your application, you’ll be directed to the Application Fee payment portal as the last step of the application form. We appreciate your cooperation and can’t wait to evaluate your application!
Fees for Accepted Programs and Events
- The participation fee for brands, galleries, dealers, individual artists and designers, collectives, retailers and suppliers is $500 USD.
- The participation fee for registered charities and nonprofits, students, and educational institutions is $350 USD.
- If your proposal is accepted, the $50 USD Application Fee will be applied to the final balance you owe.
- Programs and/or events that are accepted will be given additional opportunities for visibility and sponsorship.
- If you are a member of the BIPOC community, you can receive a 30% reduction in the participation fee. This reduction is also available for BIPOC-owned businesses. Please indicate on the application form if you qualify for the reduction. Note that the regular $50 USD application fee still applies.
Ready to Apply?
Click the link below to access the Application Form.
NYC Jewelry Week is a curated program and is not able to accept all proposals. Program and/or event submissions that are not intended for a broader jewelry-loving audience will not be accepted.
- Programs and/or events that are too niche or specific to members of the jewelry industry may not be suitable for consideration. The application form aims to identify programs with broad applicability and impact.
- Submissions that are too technical or specialized may not be accepted. The application form aims to identify programs that are accessible and understandable to a general audience.
- Programs and/or events that do not align with the values NYC Jewelry Week may not be considered. The application form aims to identify programs that align with the organization’s goals and values.