APPLY TO PARTICIPATE IN NYC JEWELRY WEEK 2022
It’s our 5th Anniversary! Help us celebrate by submitting proposals for compelling and creative programs or events that respond to the two NYCJW22 themes: Joy & Human Connection. The global jewelry community is welcome to join in.
NYC Jewelry Week is the only international jewelry week dedicated to promoting and celebrating the world of jewelry through programming that is both educational and innovative. We invite you to propose a broad spectrum of programs or events that contribute to the culture of jewelry, such as exhibitions, experiences or thought leadership, to name a few. We show preference to programs and events that encourage industry and consumer interaction with contemporary, cultural, artistic and critical ideas. Let’s engage, challenge and excite our community from maker to wearer and back again!
New for 2022 is a single, streamlined application form for all genres of proposals.
2022 Themes: Joy & Human Connection
Whether you are on the side of making or receiving the beauty of jewelry, human connection and the emotional attachment of jewelry brings us joy in times of peril and in prosperity. For NYC Jewelry Week’s 5th Anniversary, you are invited to submit proposals for program and events that respond to the two NYCJW22 themes: Joy & Human Connection.
What is jewelry if not human connection? From the tangible to the emotional, connection is part of jewelry’s DNA. Missed connections in the jewelry stratosphere do not exist because jewelers connect every day – not just through cold connections and fusing but through the stories that touch hearts and bring us closer to our communities. Let’s not forget the relationships forged between the maker and the wearer.
Human connection can take many forms and the meanings are often subjective and personal, but the pursuit of joy, unity and community is common.
We invite you to contemplate joy and the human connection of jewelry in your NYCJW22 application. While response to the two themes is not required, priority consideration will be given to proposals for program or events that consider them.
THE OUTLINE FOR PROGRAM AND EVENT PROPOSALS
WHO CAN SUBMIT ?
Brands · Community Groups · Collectives · Galleries · Dealers · Designers · Artists · Writers · Educators · Institutions · Retailers · Students · Suppliers
DO YOU HAVE TO BE FROM NYC TO SUBMIT ?
No. You can be from anywhere in the world.
WHAT KIND OF PROGRAMS AND EVENTS CAN BE SUBMITTED?
Advertorials · Announcements · Launches · Editorials · Exhibitions · Interviews · Performances · Salons · Tours · Shopping · Retail · Talks · Panels · Lectures · Writing · Storytelling
WHAT TYPE OF PROGRAMS AND EVENTS CAN BE SUBMITTED?
We accept both in-person and virtual programs and events. Proposals for programs or events that are a creative combination of in-person and virtual components are also welcome. All in-person programs and events must take place in New York, NY during the official NYCJW22 dates, November 14-20, 2022.
WHAT LENGTH OF PROGRAMS AND EVENTS CAN BE SUBMITTED?
Propose programs or events that are: a single program or event, such as a one-time presentation of a talk OR
a multi-component program or event happening over a single day, such as a recurring performance OR
a multi-day program or event happening over multiple days, such as an exhibition.
Check out the Application FAQs for a comprehensive list of programs sorted by topic. The Application FAQs also include more general information about the overall application process.
WHAT IS THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT?
August 15, 2022.
GOT MORE QUESTIONS?
Check out a recorded Info Session about this year’s Open Call led by NYCJW Co-founder Bella Neyman below.
MARKETING & PROMOTION
NYC Jewelry Week 2021 Stats:
Accepted programs and events receive guaranteed visibility and promotional
support through our built-in NYC Jewelry Week audience.
Other benefits include:
- Dedicated IG Story for your program on @nycjewelryweek (40k+ followers) during the NYCJW22 promotional season (September through December)
- NYC Jewelry Week-managed listings and RSVP collection for events
- Program and/or event mention in our NYC Jewelry Week Newsletter (10k+ subscribers) during our promotional season (September through December)
NYC Jewelry Week works in partnership with its PR agency, Optimist Consulting to market and promote NYCJW22 to a global audience.
Please read the APPLICATION FAQs in full before submitting your application. The FAQs contain essential information and a preview to questions that you will find on the application form. They also include details about what writings and files you will need to prepare in advance.
Fees for Accepted Programs and Events
- The general fee to participate in NYCJW22 is $500.
- A $50 application fee is collected during the application process. This fee applies to each program and/or event submitted.
- Programs and/or events accepted into NYCJW22 will receive a credit of $50. The balance owing, less $50, is payable to confirm the inclusion of your program or event in NYCJW22.
- Accepted programs and/or events will be extended further opportunities for visibility and sponsorship.
- A fee reduction of 50% is offered to the members of the BIPOC community. To receive the reduction, simply self-identify as a member of the BIPOC community on the application form. The reduced fee is also offered to BIPOC-owned businesses.
- A fee reduction is offered to students and artists with accepted programs or events that promote concept-driven art jewelry. These students and artists will have the general fee waived. Wondering if your medium qualifies as art jewelry? Check out this article by Art Jewelry Forum to learn more.
Ready to Apply?
Click the link below to access the Application Form.
Your Application will not be reviewed until your $50 Application Fee has been paid.
NYC Jewelry Week is not able to accept all proposals. Proposals that respond to the two themes: Joy & Human Connection will be prioritized. Please note, NYC Jewelry Week is a consumer-facing event, therefore, proposed programs and events should have a broader jewelry-loving audience in mind.